Your favorite wooden salad bowl
Clove of fresh garlic, smashed
- 6-8 cups assorted fresh greens. I used chard, spinach, kale, beet greens, broccoli greens, dandelion, escarole, celery leaves, Italian parsley , dill
- 1 cup fresh snap peas, thinly sliced
- 1 small salad onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, very thinly sliced(almost shaved)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon or grainy mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- Zucchini blossoms, if available.
- Rub inside of salad bowl with garlic.
- Make sure all produce is thoroughly washed and dried prior to use.
- Whisk olive oil, mustard, honey, vinegar, tarragon, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside until ready to dress the salad
- Toss greens and veggies with vinaigrette; top with zucchini blossoms and sprinkle with additional sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
Use your imagination when creating your salads. The garden beholds a plethora of beautiful colors and flavors. Create a masterpiece!
Dana Daniel chef/owner/caterer at Dana’s Recipe, working also at HopeWorks Social Enterprises in Everett. Dana loves sharing how to prepare locally grown food, in season, where she lives.