With temps trending upwards of 100 degrees this weekend, please prepare to stay cool at the market! Here’s what we recommend:
- Drink plenty of water the night before and morning of market. Hydrating before activity is key!
- Wear a hat! Before leaving the house on hot, sunny days.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses ease the burden of the sun.
- Wear lightweight, breezy, quick-dry fabrics. We’re a big fan of linen.
- Carry only what you need. Pack totes, money, a drink bottle, and other essentials.
- Fill up an icy drink bottle.
- Shop early! Beat the heat by getting in and out of the market early.
- Seek out shade whenever possible. Short breaks in the shade can cool and rejuvenate.
- Farmers and market staffers have a secret trick. Soak a bandana in water, roll it up, place it across the back of your neck.